Carle Illinois College of Medicine
Provide support for the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, Health Maker Lab (HML) initiative.
This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Research. The work is primarily office-based, located at either the Holonyak Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory or other locations on campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Document generation, web-based research, assistance in scientific presentations and events, errands, marketing and publicity, arranging booths, and more.
- Design and develop HML certificates and posters, and have them printed and framed.
- Provide logistical support to HML teams.
- Develop progress report GANTT Charts, and conduct data analysis.
- Current University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign undergrad or graduate student
- Must be available during the summer
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, and Power point
- Experience using the internet to research and gather information
- Experience creating GANNT Charts
- Ability to design and develop certificates and promotional materials
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to collaborate with others as primary means to achieve results
- Able to evaluate and refine processes and workflow
- Strong communication, writing, editing, speaking and comprehension skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; desire and ability to proactively follow up with inquiries
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities when faced with requests, demands and deadlines
Service and Compensation
In addition to providing valuable experience in a professional and academic environment, this engagement would allow one to make scientific/engineering/medical connections and identify research opportunities through multiple networking opportunities with faculty, graduate students/postdoctoral researchers, healthcare providers, industry, and K-12 schools.
Position starting as soon as possible, preferably beginning by November 1, 2019. Service is expected to continue through August 15, 2020, anticipated to be 5-12 hours/week, Mon-Fri, flexible hours, weekly hours may increase during the summer.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and current University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign policies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume with 1-2 references to Irfan S. Ahmad: firstname.lastname@example.org, Assistant Dean for Research with, CI MED Student HML in the Subject Line by the end of the day October 17, 2019.