- Abstracts previously presented at UI COM Research Day are not eligible to be submitted.
- Abstracts presented at other meetings are eligible to be submitted.
- Clinical Case Report
- Public Health, Humanities, & Ethics
- Research & Innovation
- Abstracts should be no longer than 400 words
- Title should be brief and clearly state content
- Presenting author must list name first
- List name and title only (e.g., M3, MD, and MBBS) for each author
- Student and Resident authors must also list a faculty co-author
The body of the abstract should be organized as follows:
For all abstracts (excluding Clinical Case Reports), this format is recommended but not required:
For some great tips from the American College of Physicians (ACP) for research abstracts, please check here.
For Clinical Case Reports:
- Clinical Case Summary
And for some valuable tips from the ACP about clinical case report abstracts, please click here.
NOTE: Diagrams, tables, and/or references should not be included in the abstract
Write for clarity and directness. Avoid the use of medical jargon. Please proofread your abstract carefully.
*The deadline for receipt of all electronic abstracts is Monday, February 22, 2021 at 11:30 p.m. CST. Abstracts WILL NOT be accepted after this date.
The abstract submission period is between January 18 and February 22, 2021.
Physicians will receive 1 CME credit for each keynote address they attend.