SpHERES (Sparking High Schoolers’ Excitement for Research in Engineering and Science) is a dynamic research program for high school students in Champaign-Urbana.
As a SpHERES participant, you will:
- Participate in an authentic research experience at a world-class research university, under the mentorship of a faculty member.
- Participate in weekly seminars on various topics including research projects, college-readiness, and scientific communication.
- Become acclimated to a university setting, form a science identity by conducting basic and applied research in Illinois’ Bioengineering labs, and gain confidence in attending college.
- Receive multiple layers of mentorship, through faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students and SpHERES staff.
Program Information and Qualifications:
- More information on the 2020 SpHERES program will be coming soon.