50% Graduate Assistantship (or graduate hourly if not eligible for assistantship)
Provide technical support and serve as a technical lead for Student Affairs systems and functions, primarily supporting admissions processes.
This position reports to the Director of Admissions and works operationally under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Recruiting. Office location is central campus, Illini Union Bookstore building.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for the application and admission processes
- Create queries and reports through Technolution’s Slate as requested by the office of Student Affairs
- Assist the office of Student Affairs with data management and databases to meet the needs of applicants and students
- Assist in managing content on the college intranet
- Develop applications and mailings using custom script and liquid markup
- Support the Director of Student Affairs with student onboarding communication platforms
- Support the office of Student Affairs with reporting data to a variety of stakeholders.
- Additional duties as appropriate
Qualifications –Technical Skills
- Experience with managing and supporting CRM systems such as Slate, Salesforce, or similar
- Experience with SQL code development for reporting purposes
- Experience with business analytics using tools, such as PowerBI, Tableau, or similar
- Experience with liquid code and HTML is preferred.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of information systems and business intelligence analytics gained through a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information sciences, or a related field of study, or a combination of relevant education, and/or work experience
- Able to effectively communicate highly technical subject matter in practical terms
- Able to collaborate with others as primary means to achieve results
- Able to evaluate and refine processes and workflow
- Able to anticipate, deliver on, and exceed the expectations of student affairs staff, including strong professional communication skills, strong writing, editing, speaking and comprehension skills
- Able to introduce and drive innovation in ways small and large
- Able to seek out and create learning opportunities, including through those revealed by setbacks and failures as well as successes
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; desire and ability to proactively follow up with inquiries and applicants
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities when faced with requests, demands and deadlines
Service and Compensation
Position starting as soon as possible, preferably beginning by September 16th. Service is expected to continue through May 15, 2020, anticipated to be 20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, flexible hours.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and current University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign policies on graduate student stipends and waivers.
For questions or to submit a resume please contact Dr. April Yasunaga, Interim Associate Dean for Student Affairs, email@example.com, with Carle Illinois Student Affairs Graduate Assistant in the Subject Line.