The Carle Illinois College of Medicine REACH program is an intensive clinical and research immersion summer experience for undergraduate students in order to aid in their preparation for medical school and grow the presence of underrepresented minorities in medicine.
REACH Program Highlights
As a REACH participant, you will:
- Be a part of the inaugural class of aspiring medical professionals, taking part in a 10-week experience from May 27 to July 28.
- Gain clinical and research immersion experience, while having access to the larger university Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP), maximizing your networking opportunities.
- Work hand-in-hand with faculty mentors and graduate students during your research and clinical training.
- Receive medical school admissions preparation and participate in a trip to the JUMP Simulation Center.
- Present your research at the Illinois Summer Research Symposium at the I-Hotel in Research Park at the end of your program.
- Receive a stipend for participation in the REACH program, and be provided with housing, food and travel to and from the program.
Contact us to learn more: