The Carle Illinois College of Medicine REACH program is an intensive clinical and research immersion summer experience for undergraduate students interested in pursuing a career as a physician. In addition to helping students prepare for medical school, REACH was developed to grow the presence of underrepresented minorities in the field of medicine.
REACH Program Highlights
As a REACH participant, you will:
- Be a part of a class of aspiring medical professionals, taking part in a 10-week experience from June 1 through July 31.
- Gain clinical and research immersion experience, while having access to the larger university Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP), maximizing your networking opportunities.
- Work hand-in-hand with faculty mentors and graduate students during your research and clinical training.
- Receive medical school admissions preparation and participate in a trip to the JUMP Simulation Center.
- Present your research at the Illinois Summer Research Symposium at the I-Hotel in Research Park at the end of your program.
- Receive a stipend for participation in the REACH program, and be provided with housing, food and travel to and from the program.
At this time, all applicants must be citizens of the United States or hold permanent residency status. Applications for the Summer 2020 program are due on February 15, 2020. Click on the button below to apply.
Contact us to learn more: