Research and Education for the Advancement of Compassionate Healthcare
The Carle Illinois College of Medicine REACH program is an intensive clinical research immersion summer experience for undergraduate students interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. In addition to this research experience, students will also gain information about preparing for medical school. REACH is designed to grow the presence of students underrepresented in the field of medicine.
REACH Program Highlights
As a REACH participant, you will:
- Be a part of a class of aspiring healthcare professionals.
- Gain clinical research immersion experience, while having access to the larger university Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP), maximizing your networking opportunities.
- Work hand-in-hand with faculty mentors and graduate students during your research and clinical training.
- Receive medical school admissions preparation and visit the JUMP Simulation Center.
- Participate in professional workshops on a variety of topics to support your personal and professional growth, including a Research Writing Seminar designed to teach how to write and publish academic papers.
- Present your research at the Illinois Summer Research Symposium at the end of your program.
- Have access to the University of Illinois Library, one of the largest public academic libraries in the United States.
- Have an opportunity to exchange ideas and broaden your knowledge through research team participation. You will be assigned to a research team consisting of participants from similar majors. Your team will meet regularly under the leadership of a Research Team Leader who is pursuing an advanced degree in a related field of study. The research team serves as a mechanism to help refine your research project and build relationships with other students.
- Receive a $5,000 stipend for participation in the REACH program and 3-4 hours of independent study credit.
REACH student participants will receive room and board for the duration of the program, as well as travel expenses to and from the summer program.
All applicants must be citizens of the United States or hold permanent residency status.
Sign-up for our REACH mailing list to receive program updates and news relevant to students interested in medical school and/or the healthcare field.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org